Monday, February 23, 2009

MORE FROM SAN DIEGO!

When I arrived in San Diego to visit cousins Kristy and William I was immediately thrown into the culture with a burrito stuffed with french fries, followed by a spectacular hike through Torrey Pines State Park. The beauty of the Pacific Coast is amazing!


We trekked over to Coronado to see The Del, quite a place! This hotel gave you that Dirty Dancing kind of feel! Rich in history, with an impressive guest list of Hollywood A-Listers to Presidents, the Victorian architecture and gardens were just beautiful!


A trip to the "Worlds Greatest Zoo" was a must! Nestled in a part of town called Balboa Park and amidst museums, cactus gardens and the delish restaurant called the Prado, YUM!


We took day trip up to LA, I had no idea how big that city was! We drove the coast of Malibu and had lunch in Santa Monica. William introduced Kristy and I to the Labrea Tar Pits, which at the time I wasn't too excited to see a puddle of mud. However, after googling, it is quite interesting! Our trip would not be complete without a swing down Rodeo Dr., a shot of the Hollywood sign and of course some famous LA traffic :)

Dr. Kristy Lamb also let me come see her in action before I left! I still can't believe that we are related! She decked me out in scrubs and I tagged along to the hospital where she was about to begin her rotation at Children's Hospital. Thank God there are people like Cousin Kristy out there who make the life sacrifice to help others and are helping people get well! While I had a panic attack and could barely breath, she was so professional and smart as we got a tour of the hospital and I am just so proud of her, truly amazing! Makes my daily life seem ridiculous!

Thanks to Kristy and William for a fantastic trip to San Diego! I can't wait to see the Pacific again soon! xo

3 comments:

liz said...

Ahh, yes my old stomping ground. Lucky girl! Chris and I talk about going back all the time. Miss it so much.

Anonymous said...

Awesome trip ... and I love the pic of you in your scrubs! Great pics too!

kelly

Brian said...

When are you making a cousin visit out this way?