Monday, September 29, 2008
"THESE ARE A FEW OF MY FAVORITE THINGS!"
With my parents decision to put their house on the market and move to Annapolis came a lot of cleaning out. Years of stuff to sift through, lots of garbage but some very special treasures as well. It is amazing what you find when you clean out an attic and a basement. My mom stumbled upon some of my most favorite things, and its remarkable how quickly you can be brought back to your childhood with a smell, picture, doll or old collection. We found some very old books, which I just love! The pictures are timeless and the pages barely held together. My Raggedy Anne and Andy dolls, the originals...nowadays they look a little different. My very first Baby Doll. This doll was actually in my crib when I came home from the hospital. My collection of miniatures, when my mom and I would go to Antique Shows, I would always get a new miniature...not all of them weathered the storm. And my silver baby cup and spoon. The best part about finding these little pieces of my history is having a daughter to pass them on to, how lucky I am :)

Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment